How thankful am I?
What a year it has been. This is the time where reflection begins to happen. Thanksgiving is next week, and we begin planning for family and friends. Celebrating amongst a feast is most tradition. A client of mine gives gifts on Thanksgiving and not Christmas. He believes this is the holiday you should celebrate those you are thankful for. I agree. We get so wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of the season and tend to bypass what really matters.
In saying all that, I put my Christmas decorations out this weekend. Why? Because I had time. Not because I am “skipping” Thanksgiving but more that I had time to myself to get it done. I was so very thankful for that.
“Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.” Camille Pissaro
So… about a year ago, my dear friend, Holly, approached me with a vision of creating a website and blog. I was like, no thank you. Here is where we started, 2 girls with a dream. When you don’t believe in yourself, someone else does. I promise. I have been the least confident person and I have been the most confident. When fear is your state of mind, it is so very hard to overcome. I was most concerned with what others would think, or how everyone else would react when Mitzi came out with a blog. It took a while to own it and realize haters will hate and if I reach, encourage, strengthen, or enlighten just one person then I have made a difference. Holly was my absolute biggest fan with this. She said make a list of what you want to talk about. With that, I came up with 24 topics. Some I was more passionate about than others, but all 24 I felt were important lessons in health, fitness and life. Let me say, it felt damn good to write about it. I have watched thousands of people read my blog. You can’t imagine how thankful I am for your feedback and positive words. It’s not over by any means. She wants me to talk about cheese. I laugh because she is serious. I am open to your ideas as well, please share with me a topic that you’d like me to touch on and I will be glad to share my vision (opinion) about it.
STRONG is alive more than ever. I have big plans for it. It’s who I am and who I strive to be. It is an amazing feeling to be approached by strangers that say they read your blog and appreciate you. This is when you realize what you’re doing is definitely the right thing. Not a lot of people can say that.
Struggle is real. I read it on social media every day. I want to say stop wallowing in self-pity and self-doubt and get your ass up and fix yourself. If you are waiting on someone else to do it, good luck. You will be a miserable person for a very long time. I do not feel sorry for you. Illness, relationships, jobs, etc., I have read all about them. Be you, and be the best you that you can be. If you don’t have that friend that is honest enough to tell you that, you need new friends. I have those best girlfriends that keep it real and then I have those guy friends that keep it real. Do I like their insight all the time? Hell no! A good mix of both keep me on my toes. The most valuable lesson that I have learned this year was your “friends” are far and few in between. My friends don’t rotate. Think about that. Do your friends rotate? Find you and find those that will never let you down.
My favorite quote, “YOUR DAY BELONGS TO ANOTHER’S DREAM”.
What inspires you to become more than you were when you arrived? Make the best of every situation. Find your joy in all walks of life. Remember, someone else in this world would love to be walking in your shoes.
I was at a seminar 2 years ago and I remember being asked to “turn my inspiration into action” and to answer these 3 questions. That’s a bigger task than I thought.
- What inspires me? To help others make a change. To never give up on those I believe in. To teach health and fitness in the most knowledgeable, experienced manner that I can. To live what I believe. To experience what others may want to achieve. To give back to this community. To be known as someone who practices what she preaches. Most of all, if you’re reading this, YOU inspire me to continue being the best me. To teach.
- Why is it important? Because 17 years ago, I ran 1 mile without stopping for the first time in my life. That moment taught me everyone starts somewhere. If I can be someone’s mile marker, then sign me up. If I can help anyone at any time to be more than they think they are, I am your girl.
- How will you bring it into your life? Stay real and stay focused. Always be honest. Be there for people. Most importantly, care and work your ass off. Live the words that you write. Inspire without knowing you did so.
I was walking through Kroger parking lot about a week ago. A sweet lady stopped me and said, “every time I see you, I stand up straighter and fix myself.” I did not know her, but what an astounding statement. If I can do that to someone, win win.
Let me share two text messages I received this week. Let me preface by saying, I am sharing because this is my what, why and how of inspiration.
- “Just thinking about how scared I got when I saw those girls lunging in the parking lot with loaded barbells. Scared me to death!! I’ve been thinking about it and have spent the weekend with my mom and sister who can’t get over how different I look and how hard my legs have gotten and how much smaller my arms are. I’m actually inspired and can’t wait for the day where I’m lunging with those beastly bars! However, I’m pretty confident I’ll still yell at you until I love you at the end.”
She wants it. Hard work, results, tears, sweat, and belief within ourselves is what inspires us to keep fighting. Could not be more proud of her.
- “Funny how my first day back at the gym in months and I see you… doing your thing. I’m starting back slow, trying not to be too hard on myself for starting over yet again. My fitness level has tanked, but I I’m a fighter and I’ve got my fight back! Thanks for remaining supportive!”
I call that a “God Wink”. She is right. I am your biggest cheerleader all the time. I don’t give up on you, you do. She is a fighter and she is back. I love this.
NEVER REGRET A DAY IN YOUR LIFE: GOOD DAYS GIVE HAPPINESS, BAD DAYS GIVE EXPERIENCE, WORST DAYS GIVE LESSONS AND BEST DAYS GIVE MEMORIES.
As the holidays approach, ask yourself what really matters… fine china or paper plates? They both feed your hunger. One is not better than the other in the real scheme of things. Be thankful for having a good foundation, for the people you are surrounded by, for life, for health, and for the grace of God.
I am thankful for each of you. STRONG has never been STRONGER.
Be Good, Gracious and Kind
Much love, Mitzi